Sunday, November 13, 2011

The title of my blog is from this poem

The title of this blog come from the following that I wrote in 2008 (?). I wrote this poem at a specific time in  my life, with a specific purpose--however it is strange that the words continue to take on new meaning that resonant truer than ever for me both personally and academically (even before I started studying Islam). Enjoy the blog and poem!

unfold the piece by piece, by
pushes it pulls away through
white, through silver till I pull
at the white, and now I can see the piece
fill the holes in my head, where pieces
repeated, the sound of the brown, softly
pulling at currents rotating in, and out
of conscious parts, that concise movement, of
years amounting, into particles of years
of traditions that tangled language in
god’s words, in God’s words is heard
the adhān of the rasūlullāllah, where
five to one hundred four thousand,
four hundred seventy two parts
folding, now, into pious pieces,
don’t count any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment