I can't believe that this year is 2012, and it is almost over! I made a list of things I wanted to do between now (December 20) and the end of my winter holiday (end of January), and one of the things was to write a blog. I feel like it is a good way to post all the pictures I collect and to have a little update available to the limited few who are interested. So here is my fall semester in pictures.
 |
I started learning Hindi-Urdu!
|
 |
You won’t believe it, but I ran BYU alumni 5K. 1). It is unbelievable
that I actually ran (and it wasn't from the po-po or a dog). 2). I participated
in a BYU event (whilst not even being an alumni). “Times they are a changing…”
|
 |
Pierre turned 25! This was such a wonderful party hosted
by the lovely Ilona .
|
 |
| I ate brunch here with Aimee a couple times--wonderful food with a wonderful lady! |
 |
| These little buggers are called "rats' tails"--yes indeed--viva la furbies! Ruth made them one cold fall evening. |
 |
| One of the interesting things I find at the shelter--yes, there was an entire book on basically how to be a Jew. |
 |
My place of employment—I love the shelter :)
|
 |
| Harvard Yard early in the semester |
 |
| Ms. Saraki |
 |
| Ruth had a birthday shout horray! So we went to Machu Picchu. No not the real one, the restaurant
in Union Square. They serve great chicken and fries. |
 |
| Fall has sprung? Idk--at least it didn't snow (okay it snowed like twice). |
 |
| Saraki wasn’t having a good day/week. HAHAH. I
laugh because I love you. |
 |
| Hijaaaaaaaab came to Boston!! |
 |
| Squirrel! |
 |
When I get bored and need to relax I watch food shows
(how fat of me, I know). I saw one food show about food trucks and this food
truck was featured—I had their rosemary fries, zaki aowi!
|
 |
| I went to a murder mystery dinner party and
played the g-ma of little red ridding hood. This was my posse. I won the best
character performance award (which included a snickers bar!)—I think they gave
it to me to shut up my ridiculous Indian accent. |
 |
| Amiee, Avanash, and I went to the movies and saw Life of Pi—and brought
‘healthy’ snacks, such as celery. |
 |
| Harvard Yard |
 |
| I spent a lot of time at Widener (near to 25-30
hours a week) studying for the LSAT this semester. |
 |
| Grazy Hair Days! |
 |
| One of the sketchy pictures I sent Rhiannon as a threat. She didn't send me a picture of baby Leka--I needed those to survive! |
 |
| Finals came, I wrote two papers in 24 hours (12
hours each). Granted I did research for the entire month of November, so when
it came time to write out what I had discovered, it wasn’t too bad. I moved to
Lamont for finals, t heir bathrooms are much nicer smelling than Wideners, and
it is entertaining to see how freshman freak out about their exams—exams that
simply require your memorize information from a text book! O where have those
days gone? |
 |
| Saraki came by my house to eat guacamole with me
and wish me farewell before I left on 12/12/12—this is her being homeless in my
bed while I pack. |
And that’s it for this past semester. It was a semester
not only filled with moments that these pictures attest to, but a great semester
for accomplishing goals.
I have to say, the red ferbyesque hats are pretty amazing. Looks like a great year so far :) Looking forward to the updates.
ReplyDelete~Aimee
You should send that Jew book to Alex. He sucks at being Jewish.
ReplyDelete